HOW AND WHEN TO APPLY FOR DAAD SCHOLARSHIP?
Thinking of applying for DAAD scholarship?
No idea about when and how?
Here are the things that you should know before and for applying!
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD, Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) provides study opportunities to students from developing countries by offering scholarships to younger university graduates, in exceptions also to advanced students, from almost all academic disciplines as well as for music, art & performing arts.
DAAD Scholarships are one of the most sought-after scholarships among the students worldwide and are the largest funding organization in the world for the international exchange of students and researchers.
A really large number of international students are recruited for DAAD Scholarships to study in German universities in both English & German taught programs.
Candidates selected for DAAD Scholarships receive scholarship amount, health insurance, rent subsidies & various other allowances alongside.
Aim of DAAD
The aim of DAAD is to fund & support the foreign students, graduates, doctoral students, young & early-stage researchers, of those whose previous research & academic achievements place them at least on the top third among their age group and additionally of those who can be expected to become key players & top performers in their career fields in the future, combined with the awareness of social responsibility.
Benefits of DAAD Scholarship
By winning this scholarship you will be provided with the opportunity to study in Germany. Along the side of this opportunity, the other benefits of the scholarship include:
- Free education at German universities.
- Monthly stipend of 750 Euros for Postgraduate students and 1000 Euros for Doctoral degree students.
- Insurance & Health coverage for both master’s and doctoral degree students.
- Travel grants for both masters & doctoral degree program students.
- Free accommodation.
How to Apply?
The database list of DAAD scholarships has more than 90 funding opportunities for graduates. So, it is advised for the students who are applying for DAAD Scholarships to research on the scholarships that suits them and then apply.
Here under you are presented with the necessary information on how to apply, required documents, eligibility criteria, and much more to win DAAD Scholarship:
Requirements to apply for DAAD Scholarships
The basic requirements to apply for DAAD Scholarships include:
- Bachelor Degree (not more than 6 years old and with the aggregate marks of 85% and above or CGPA of 8.5/10 and above).
- At least two years of work experience.
- English or German Language skills (depending on the degree course chosen).
- The duration of the course studied under DAAD scholarship coverage should be more than 12 months & less than 36 months.
- Should be enrolled for a full time study in German University.
- No age limit is followed.
- Acceptance letter from German university
- Acceptance or & invitation letter from a German professor for internship.
- Certificates proving your excellence in English Language.
- Online application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- DAAD form, Certificate of Enrolment (to be filled by home institution as a proof of current enrolment).
- DAAD form, No Objection Certificate (to be filled in & stamped by home institution).
- Invitation letter of German Supervisor.
- DAAD form, Approval Form by German Host (to be filled in by German Supervisor).
- University degree certificates that indicates the final grades.
- Motivation letter demonstrating your journey as a student and the further inquisition in higher study.
Application procedure for DAAD Scholarships occurs online through the DAAD portal which involves the following steps:
- Download the application form from DAAD portal and fill it with your credentials.
- Make a Specimen form and your hand signed CV (Max. 3 pages, scanned to be attached).
- Hand signed Motivation letter with the reference of current occupation (Max 1 – 3 pages, scanned to be attached).
- Provide Research proposal requirement if specified by University.
- Attach the recommendation letter from the previously attended university.
- Attach professional experience letter from the last employer.
- Provide proof of English proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL scores are accepted)
- Provide German language proficiency for the German taught degree program.
- Find a degree program you would like to study in German under DAAD Scholarship & apply to the university directly through the DAAD Portal.
- After attaching the above stated documents make sure to find out what other documents or information is required to be mentioned for your desired degree program.
- Make sure whether it is required to apply to university directly, it depends if university requires an online application or documents by postal services and in some cases by both ways.
- You will also be required to send 2 copy of the “Application summary” (PDF format), which will be generated in the DAAD portal after the completion of online application procedure and other appendices by postal to the application address.
- DAAD Scholarship’s Head office is located in Bonn; you will be requested to send the certified copies of the submitted documents in paper through postal if you are awarded with the grant.
DAAD Information Centre Sydney,
C/o Goethe Institute,
90 Ocean Street,
Woollahra, NSW 2025,
Access to application portal appears only when the current application period is available. The portal for the programme will not be available after the deadline and until the next application period.
The access to the DAAD portal generally opens 6week prior to the application deadline.
Please, also note:
- A submitted application is considered to be valid only if provided with all the required documents.
- DAAD portal closes exactly at 24:00hrs (CET) on the last application day.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered, so make sure that the application is completed with all the required information and documents.
Application deadline varies depending on the course of study, but usually falls around August – November. It is advised that you personally check with the DAAD official website for application deadlines.
Who Cannot Avail This Scholarship?
- Applicants who are resident of Germany for as longer as 15 months from the time of application will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants who are already receiving funds from other German Scholarship-awarding organisations or German public authorities will not be considered for the scholarship.
Official Website: https://www.daad.de/en/